2016 - Present
1. Development of a novel competency-based kidney palliative medicine academic enrichment training program for palliative care.
2. The use of data to promote physician learning: cholecystectomy conversion rates for the province of Alberta.
3. Using gantt charts to manage continuous professional development (CPD) activities in Alberta.
4. An innovative method of presenting practice specific data to physicians: retinal detachment treatment success rates for the province of Alberta.
5. A survey designed to capture perceived and unperceived needs of family physicians in Alberta around CanMEDS roles.
6. Precision Assessment & Learning (PAL) – moving accountability from self to society.
7. Innovative training options for physicians in the palliation of end stage kidney disease patients.
8. Meeting palliative clinicians' advanced learning needs in kidney palliative care.
9. Digitizing Lifelong Learning’s strategic plan to emphasize its dynamic nature.
10. Recognizing and establishing enabling mechanisms for successful realization of collaboratives to advance healthcare quality outcomes.
11. Using flowcharts for improved efficiency in delivery of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities.
12. Precision Assessment & Learning (PAL): helping foster a culture of accountability by empowering the learners.
13. Evaluating a tool for assimilating competency-by-design: An innovative new survey designed to capture perceived and unperceived needs of family physicians in Alberta in the context of CanMEDS competencies.
14. Post-colonoscopy colorectal cancers identified by population-based analysis are frequently related to factors independent of colonoscopy quality.
15. Collaborative between two CPD offices for accreditation of CME programs using a peer-review “buddy” process.
16. Coalescence of Physician Learning Program (PLP) with Lifelong Learning: A symbiotic partnership to align physicians’ learning for quality in Alberta.
17. Establishing a new academic CME entity at the University of Alberta: envisioning a new lifelong learning system by realizing synergy & creating collaborations to enhance physician learning.
18. Surgical outcomes for retinal detachment repair in the province of Alberta: results from the Physician Learning Program initiative.
19. Envisioning a new lifelong learning system for health care professions: Realizing synergy & creating collaborations to enhance learning & maintain competence.
20. Precision Initiatives – embracing technology, preserving humanness; transforming paradigm of personalized learning by introducing a framework around “what matters to you?”
Prior to 2016
21. Dapsone-induced methemoglobinemia: Case of the blue
22. Fish-oil capsule ingestion: A case of recurrent
23. Gastrothorax masquerading as tension pneumothorax in an 8-month old.
24. Attitudes and beliefs of General Practitioners towards the menopause, menopausal patients and their treatment.